Summer is almost over, which means it’s time to get prepared for the school season! Notebooks, pens, pencils, and back-to-school clothes are usually high on the shopping list before heading back to the classroom, but backpacks are definitely the most important. Every student needs a backpack to carry all their school supplies in, but so many of them look the same. To set your backpack apart from the masses and get excited for a new year of learning, the crafting team at Mercy Home has two fun and easy keychains you can make!
You can personalize your backpack with a name keychain or have fun with colorful beads with a fish keychain. Why not make both?
Here’s what you’ll need to get started on your personalized keychain:
- Colorful beads
- Lettered beads
- Thread or elastic
- Key ring
Follow these steps to create your keychain:
- Create a loop knot around your key ring and tie it again to secure.
- Tie a knot on each end of the string wherever you’d like the beads to start.
- Add colorful beads of your choosing to both ends of the string.
- Use your letter beads to spell out your name, surrounding each side with beads. Add more beads to the second string.
- Tie each end off with knots to secure.
- Cut off extra string from the ends.