Essential Phone Numbers
- Mercy Home Reception: West Loop Campus (312) 738-7560, Walsh Campus (312) 298-2910
- Chicago Department of Public Health: (312) 746-SICK (7425) or 311 during evenings, weekends and holidays
- Illinois Department of Public Health: (800) 889-3931
- Rush Hospital Coronavirus Consultation: (888) 352-RUSH
- Emergency Situations: 911
- Emergency Shelter (within Chicago): 311
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-SAFE (7233)
Resources will continue to be updated on the City of Chicago’s website, which is a reliable source of information. This includes health, mental health, food, housing, utilities, financial and employment, schools, youth and undocumented individuals.
Chicago Public Schools are open Monday – Friday, 9am-1pm, to provide meals (breakfast and lunch). Every young person under 18 years old is eligible – no child will be turned away. Families will pick up the food outside the school building, weather permitting, at a table. They will receive 3 days of meal for each young person in the household. If families have trouble getting to a site, they call the contact number (773) 553-KIDS (5437) or email at [email protected] to make a request for food delivery.
The Greater Chicago Food Depository provides a list of food pantry, soup kitchen, mobile food distribution or shelter in Cook County. Search by zip code and call the site before visiting to confirm hours and requirements. https://www.chicagosfoodbank.org/find-food/
The Food Depository’s benefits outreach team is available by phone to help Chicagoans apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Medicaid benefits. SNAP benefits can be used to purchase groceries from local stores. Eligibility is determined by household income. Those affected by recent COVID-19 related job losses may qualify. For benefits outreach assistance, call (773) 843-5416 Monday-Friday between 8:30am-5pm.
ComEd and People’s Gas are currently suspending service disconnections due to non-payments.
- Free Internet: Comact Internet Essentials: https://www.internetessentials.com/ (855) 846-8376
- Low-Cost Internet: Spectrum Internet Assist: https://www.spectrum.com/ (855) 243-8892